The interview will usually take half a day. You will be asked to undertake the following activities;
- a 20 minute mini lesson (which will be observed) with 12 – 15 students
- a short 5 minute presentation to a panel about a misconception and why you want to be a teacher
- a 20 minute interview with a small panel of staff
- a 20 minute written Literacy Task
- a 25 minute literacy and numeracy task
Detail of what is expected and how you should prepare will be sent with your invite to interview letter
What to bring with you to the interview
1. Qualification Confirmation
We will require you to come to your interview with ORIGINALS of the following qualifications:
Degree certificate (if qualified, otherwise proof will form part of any Conditional Offer if appropriate)
GCSE English and Maths (and Science for Primary) GCSE certificates (or equivalence)
Other qualifications relevant to the subject you wish to teach such as A Level certificates
Any qualifications not taken in the UK will require NARIC (https://www.naric.org.uk/naric/) comparison and equivalency information. It is the applicant’s responsibility to undertake this.
2. Proof of Identity
We will need to see original documents that are proof of your identity, these are required for the purpose of an enhanced DBS check should you be offered a place on our programme.