The Design and Technology course has been carefully structured to guide you through your transformation from a skilled practitioner to a confident teacher, mentor and leader within a practical environment.
You will become fluent in the language of the national curriculum and relevant KS4/KS5 specifications and learn how to coach and nurture aspiring designers through their exploration of all relevant knowledge skills and understanding of Design and Technology.
The aim of this course is to train you to be a Design and Technology teacher. The Design and Technology subject specific sessions will be taught predominantly at Bluecoat SCITT Alliance Nottingham.
The course materials aim to:
- Fulfil and support the general aims of the Bluecoat SCITT Alliance Nottingham ITT Programme as set out in the submitted scheme;
- Develop competencies specific to the teaching of Design and Technology according to the National Curriculum, National Strategy and to the standards laid down by the National College.
- Ensure that trainees are competent professionals and effective teachers of Design and Technology.
- Encourage an enthusiasm for Design and Technology education.
- Encourage trainees to elicit an enthusiasm for Design and Technology in their students.
Encourage trainees to challenge pupils and to meet their individual needs through personalisation.
What is Design and Technology?
Through a variety of creative and practical activities, pupils should be taught the knowledge, understanding and skills needed to engage in a process of designing and making. They should work in a range of domestic and local contexts or example, the home, health, leisure and culture, It is also important to emphasise the industrial contexts for example, engineering, manufacturing, construction, food, energy, agriculture (including horticulture) and fashion.