We are taking bookings for the next academic year from September 2023!
TEACHING TASTER SESSIONS
Give you a real insight into teacher training and life in school as a teacher, a perfect opportunity to find out everything there is to know about teacher training and how to make the most of a fulfilling teaching career, as well as supporting your application to teacher training programmes!
VIRTUAL EVENTS – ONLINE
Introduction on How to Get into Teaching
Attending a Taster Session will give you a real insight into teacher training and life in school!
We will support you with;
- Gaining an early understanding and appreciation of teaching strategies
- Preparing for and get the most from your School Experience and days in school
- Any help you require with your teacher training application
- Being able to ask lots of questions
“It was an insightful experience, learning and sharing from everyone’s experience”
“Staff and students were lovely, very knowledgeable, and informative, I had a great experience!”
“This has provided me with everything I needed. I’m so pleased I did it, I am now certain this is what I want to do”
Many of our trainees over the years have attended a Taster Week, supporting and informing their decision making, and went on to successfully complete their teacher training!
“I found the time extremely helpful and inspirational, you really do put a lot of thought into helping aspiring teachers and I’ve been excited to begin my teaching journey ever since!”
“The whole experience was very useful, school placement gives the best preparation/experience of the school environment; everyone was very helpful”
Check if you meet the Entry Criteria for Teacher Training
- You’ll need to hold an undergraduate DEGREE awarded by a UK higher education provider, or a recognised equivalent qualification
- You’ll need to have achieved a standard equivalent to grade C (4) or above in GCSE English and Mathematics
- If you intend to train to teach pupils aged 3-11 (early years and primary), you must also have achieved a standard equivalent to a grade C(4) or above in a GCSE Science subject